The fish that I used this time is a cod, however, you can use the one, that you currently have at home. Something that spices up the dish and gives it nice refreshing taste is the beetroot salad with balsamic vinegar. I like including beetroot in all kind of dishes as some studies show that these veggies can decrease the risk of obesity, heart disease and/or diabetes – then why not to try.
- 200g of cod (or any other fish)
- salt, pepper, herbs de Provence
- 1tsp of lemon juice
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 10g of fresh basil
- 2 cooked beetroots
- a handful of rocket salad
- 2tbsp of honey
- 2tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- Heat up a non-stick pan.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper, herbs and lemon juice.
- Fry the fish for 2 minutes on each side.
- Blend tomatoes with fresh basil and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add your sauce to the fish and keep on a low heat for another minute.
- Cover the pan and put aside.
- Start preparing the salad.
- Chop beetroots.
- Mix beetroots with rocket salad.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- You are now ready to serve:)