Maybe it’s hard to believe but I wasn’t always familiar with avocado fruit and only started to use it in my kitchen couple of years ago. For a long time I was mainly using it for salads as a healthy addition (avocado fruit is high in healthy fats and very nutritious), however now I more and more experiment with adding it to different types of dishes – sweet, savoury – you name it – avocado works well with all.
For me, avocado makes a perfect alternative to unhealthy, sugary deserts as when mixed with cocoa powder and some honey it makes a perfect sweet combination.
The recipe that I want to share today can be used as a breakfast as it is high in calories. It will give you a great nutritious start to a busy day and will satisfy your cravings for something sweet.
- 5 dates
- 60ml of almond milk
- 4 pieces of dark chocolate (90%)
- 1 avocado
- 1tbsp of peanut butter (I used 100% natural crunchy one)
- 1tbsp of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Place dates in boiled water for around 10 minutes,
- Heat up the almond milk with dark chocolate until melted.
- Blend all the ingredients together