Boiled, poached or scrambled – these are the only couple of ways in which you can prepare eggs, the all natural source of high-quality protein. Unfortunately for years eggs had bad reputation supposedly causing high cholesterol but the good news is that latest studies say that this is not the case. There is more good news as research also say that eating eggs in the morning can limit your calorie intake during the day by 400 calories or more – this is a great news for all of us who are on diet and watch their calories. The important thing to remember is that if you are healthy then you can eat eggs guilt free.
I personally like scrambled eggs the most as this way is easy to prepare, and by adding different ingredients each time you can spice up your dish and give it different taste every time you make it, I would not eat scrambled eggs every day but rest assured that this would be my breakfast during each weekend:) You want to know what I have added to the breakfast above? Keep reading:)
- coconut oil
- 2 spring onions
- 1/4 of red pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1 avocado
- fresh basil (couple of leafs)
- Heat coconut oil (on a medium heat) in a pan until hot.
- Add chopped spring onions as well as pepper and fry for a minute.
- Break the eggs into the pan and let them cook for a minute.
- Stir the whites until they start to set.
- Add chopped avocado and basil.
- Stir the mixture for another minute (the length will depend on how you like your scrambled eggs to be served – I like egg yolks to run a bit so I would keep it on heat for shorter)
- Season with salt and pepper and your nutritious breakfast is ready;)