Today I feel like sharing with you an easy breakfast idea and there is nothing more easy to prepare than a bowl of delicious oatmeal, cooked in milk and topped with favourite fruits – making a perfect and nutritious breakfast combination. Oats are a perfect way of starting your day and adding lots of fibre and nutrients to your body.
Thinking about it, oats were my first attempt to start healthy eating and adding them to my diet (after eating sugary cereals for most of my younger life) was my first step towards a healthy lifestyle. Now you can call me an expert 😉
For a long time I have been cooking dry oats only couple of minutes before breakfast, however recently I discovered that, if I soak them overnight then the next morning my oatmeal is even tastier and oats are super soft.
Combinations to prepare oatmeal are endless and you can enjoy a different taste every morning depending on what you will add to your bowl. See below what I have included on my plate.
- 50g of oats
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 25g of raisins
- 2 kiwis
- 20g of walnuts
- 1tsp of cinnamon
- Soak oats in water (overnight).
- Next morning bring coconut milk to boil.
- Add soaked oats.
- Keep the mixture on medium heat for around 5 minutes.
- In the meantime peel kiwis and cut them into pieces.
- Chop walnuts,
- At the end of cooking add raisins to your oats and cook for 1 more minute.
- Move the oats mixture to a bowl.
- Top with kiwis, walnuts and raisins.
- Season with cinnamon.